'Carmelas Kitchen' Pasta Making Hamper for Beginners
We are excited to be working with the Pasta Queen herself Carmela Serena Hayes to create this very special hamper. Perfect for someone at the beginning of their pasta making journey, this lovely wooden crate contains all of the essentials they will need from the best types of flour, handy pasta tools to Carmela's best selling book.
Carmela is a passionate Italian cookery tutor who specialises in the art of making pasta. Carmela is known as a pastaia (specialist pasta maker) and is also an event cookery demonstrator, recipe developer, food writer, founder and chef or a sell out supper club and author of three beautiful cookery books. Cooking simple, inexpensive, seasonal, flavoursome dishes whilst using good quality seasonal ingredients as her mantra. The most basic and mouth-watering of Italian dishes can take minutes, from an easy spaghetti dish to a slow cooked meat based sugo dish. Carmela shares her love of Italian food through her work as an Italian cookery author, magazine contributor and food columnist.
We share Carmela's love of simple ingredients and the joy that comes from bringing a family together through food!
- 'A Passion for Pasta' by Carmela Serena Hayes. Carmela Sereno Hayes is the 'Pasta Queen'! Her second book shows us not only how to make pasta dough but also how to turn it into a variety of shapes and stunning designs using stripes, spots and delicate herbs. Her wide range of dishes delight not only with their exquisite taste but also with their beautiful and varied appearance!
- Caputo Red 00 'Cuoco' Flour (1kg) Produced in Naples, the Caputo Red flour is a strong flour, higher in gluten and protein content and gives a stronger elasticity. 00 refers to the texture of the flour specifically how finely it has been ground, so this one is powder fine. The blend of the best wheat available and the slow grind technique used by the Antico Molino Caputo make this flour unique. It is also 100% natural and additive free! This flour is a great all-rounder and is ideal for all types of pasta, bread, cakes and sauces.
- Caputo Semolina Flour (1kg) Caputo's semolina re-ground ('rimacinata') durum wheat flour has been milled twice to produce a finer flour than most semolinas. Semolina flour is made from a rougher variety of wheat and has a distinctive yellow colour. As it is a coarse flour it is considered to be healthier than fine white flour Semolina contains more carbohydrates, proteins and fibre than white flour which is rich in simple carbs but without fibre and protein. Semolina flour is recommended for certain traditional homemade pastas and breads adding structure and bite, and wherever the yellow colour, special texture and flavour of semolina are desired.
- Wooden Rolling Pin - This solid Italian rolling pin has been crafted with natural, un-treated beech wood and is perfect for rolling out pasta, pastry, pizzas, piadine etc. Measuring 32cm in lenth and 4.2cm in width it's the ideal 'every day' size.
- Fluted Pasta Cutter Wheel - Made from food-safe aluminium with a lovely beechwood handle, this wheel cutter will give a rustic feel to your pasta. It is ideal for cutting pasta ribbons or ravioli and can also be used for pastry.
- Heart Shaped Ravioli Stamp - Make your own heart-shaped ravioli with this romantic pasta stamp! Made from food-safe aluminium with a lovely beechwood handle, this stamp is ideal for Valentine's Day, romantic dinners or birthdays. It can also be used as a pastry or biscuit cutter.
- Square Ravioli Stamp - Perfect for making square ravioli at home.
We wrap all breakable items carefully and individually inside the box and then tie with a beautiful ribbon. A gift message option is available at the checkout for you to send a personalised message to your recipient.
Please note that if we are out of stock of any item we reserve the right to substitute it with the most similar available item.
Suitable for vegetarians & vegans