What’s inside our Taste of Calabria Hamper:
- Chilli Pepper Fileja Pasta (500g) This artisan pasta is the traditional Calabrian variety of Fusilli. It is handmade by rolling fresh chilli flavoured dough around a knitting needle. Often eaten with a fresh tomato sauce.
- Tomato Pasta Sauce with Red Tropea Onions (330g) This rich, tasty tomato pasta sauce made with San Marzano plum tomato is complemented by the addition of the famous sweet Calabrian Tropea red onions. For a quick and easy meal just heat the sauce gently in a pan, add to some nice quality pasta (such as the Fileja pasta in this hamper), cooked ‘al dente’, stir and serve with a sprinkling of Parmesan.
- Large Dried Chilli Peppers (50g) Fiery red in colour and taste, these large Calabrian ‘peperoncini’ have dried on the vine in the Mediterranean sunshine to give a more potent heat and fruitier taste. Calabria is one of Europe’s main producers and consumers of peperoncino which is considered ‘medium hot’ on the Scoville Scale which measures the heat of chillies worldwide.
- ‘Nduja Spreadable Salami (190g) ‘Nduja is cured spreadable Calabrian salami, with herbs, salt and naturally lots of chilli pepper. Bright red in colour with a fiery taste, our ‘Nduja is the real thing, made in Spilinga in the province of Vibo Valentia, the birthplace of this delicacy.
- Porcini and Black Olive Pate (190g) This delicious spread has been hand made with chopped baked Calabrian olives and porcini mushrooms. Enjoy on a bruschetta or in a sandwich.
- Calabrian ‘Nduja with Grilled Red Tropea Onions (190g) This wonderful new product combines two typically Calabrian specialities creating a tasty spread which can spread on a bruschetta, mixed into pasta or on a pizza.
- Wild Bitter Orange Marmalade (250g) This marmalade has a rich flavour and delicious taste with a balanced combination of sweetness and bitterness. Wild Calabrian oranges at the height of ripeness are used to make this tart and zesty, all natural marmalade with no additives or preservatives. it is wonderful on hot buttered toast or muffins.
- Bergamot Marmalade (250g) This typically Calabrian citrus fruit is a cross between an orange and a lemon, deep orange in colour with a distinct aroma. It is used in many products such as teas, beauty creams and oils. This marmalade has an intense bergamot flavour, bitter like seville oranges but with a very compex and interesting taste, sweet and tangy at the same time. Try it on buttered toast, with scones, biscuits or even meat and fish.
- Organic Liquorice Tronchetti (40g) Our organic liquorice is produced by Nature Med, a family run company established in 1886 which has been winning prizes for its amazing products (including the ‘Gran Prix’ at the Paris Expo of 1900) ever since. These pure organic liquorice pieces feature all natural ingredients, no added colours, salt, artificial flavours, or preservatives.
We wrap all breakable items carefully and individually inside the box and then tie with a beautiful ribbon. A gift message option is available at the checkout for you to send a personalised message to your recipient.
Please note that if we are out of stock of any item we reserve the right to substitute it with the most similar available item.