What’s inside our Deluxe Organic Wine Selection:
- Vinupetra Etna Rosso Organic (750ml) This is an elegant, natural wine from the Northern slopes of Mount Etna, produced by Salvo Foti, a renowned expert in natural viniculture. Etna Rosso is made from a blend of two local grapes: Nerello Mascalese and Nerello Cappuccio and it gets its strength from the volcanic terroir. It has deep, dark ripe plum and cherry aromas balanced by freshness and a juicy, fruity vibrancy leading into a complex palate of ripe fruit, smokey oak, succulent berries, and exotic spices, with rich tannis and a long finish. This wine is racked and bottled following the phases of the moon and produced naturally. Score of 91/100 Wine Searcher (Rated ‘Outstanding: a wine of superior character and style’) Year: 2014 Alcohol: 14%
- Cavaletto Barolo Bricco Boschis DOCG Organic (750cl) Barolo is known as the ‘King of Red Wine’, deliciously deep and ruby red and made from 100% Nebbiolo for Barolo grapes. Our Barolo is produced in Piemonte by pioneering Barolo producers Cavalloto and it is their flagship wine. Natural and organic, this 2012 Barolo was scored 91/100 by Wine Searcher who collate scores and awards from the world’s top palates. The 100 point scale is the most common way of scoring wine and a score between 90 and 94 signifies an ‘Outstanding wine of superior character and style’. Cavalloto’s Barolo is soft, sensual, intense and inviting, full bodied and warm. It has characteristic aromas of red and black cherries, with summer herbs, anise and penetrating floral notes. In the mouth, the nuanced flavours of cherries, raspberries and hints of eucalyptus combine with a balanced yet subtle tannic structure. The after taste is long and spicy, with mineral and berry flavours. This wine pairs well with prosciutto, salami, red meat, grilled fish and also hard or aged cheeses. It is also wonderful with desserts made with dark chocolate and is considered an excellent ‘Vino da meditazione’ or meditation wine – it can be enjoyed all by itself. Year: 2012 Alcohol: 13%
- Pithos Bianco Cos Biodynamic ‘Orange Wine’ (750cl) Not everyone is familiar with Orange Wine; it is a type of wine which dates back centuries and its origins can be traced to Armenia, Georgia and Iran. It made a comeback in the eighties and nineties in the Friuli region and is now also produced by COS in Sicily. Orange wine is a white wine made from white grapes but in the way that red wine is made. The normally discarded grape skins and seeds are introduced back into the juice and vinified in amphorae with a long maceration (anything from 4 days to over one year). There is very little intervention on the part of the wine maker Extended skin contact gives the wine an amber to deep orange hue. Orange wine certainly tastes different to normal white wine, it is soft and understated and intense at the same time. It has a similar texture to red wines with tannin, depth of flavour and more texture. Pithos Bianco is made from 100% Grecanico grapes. The palate is complex, nutty & spicy with savoury, mineral notes. Serve slightly chilled, as an aperitivo wine (it is fairly low in alcohol) or to accompany a wide range of foods including curry dishes, Moroccan, Ethiopian, Korean, Japanese cuisine. Excellent with pasta dishes, risotto wiith seafood, a variety of meats and grilled fish. Year: 2014 Alcohol: 11.5%
- Toscana Madiere IGT Organic (750cl) Commended in the Decanter World Wine Awards 2015 Silver Award Winner Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2016 This organic, deep ruby red Super Tuscan is characterised by rich, lingering aromas suggesting wild red berries and spice. It is harmonious and balanced on the palate. Matured for at least 12 months in French Allier oak barriques, followed by further bottle-ageing, this is a very distinctive wine suited for lengthy cellaring. Cabernet – Merlot – Sangiovese is the composition of many of the so-called “Super Tuscan” wines of central Italy. The blend can be made to any number of variations, but this combination draws on the power and structure of Cabernet Sauvignon (30%), the sweet, juicy fruit flavors of Merlot (10%) and the rustic, sour-cherry tang of Sangiovese (60%). Excellent when paired with red meat, game and roast meats. Year: 2011 Alcohol: 13%
- Barbera d’Asti Superiore Trinchero DOCG Organic (750cl) 87/100 Wine Searcher (Very good: wine with special qualities) This is a fresh and fruity organic Barbera, sour, savoury and tasty from 20 year old vines with grapes fermented in cement vats and matured in old wooden barrels for another 12 months before bottling. This wine is always complex and well-balanced and offers up immediate accessibility and appeal. It makes a lovely accompaniment to dishes that demand a lighter styled, but complex and tangy red wine. Year: 2011 Alcohol: 14%
- Organic Prosecco (750cl) This organic, bio-dynamic, natural, vegan Prosecco DOC has been made in the Veneto region of Italy with traditional farming techniques, completely organic viticulture and very low intervention. Forget fungicides, pesticides, herbicides on the vines, this wine is pure, kind to the planet and very possibly better for your health.
We wrap all breakable items carefully and individually inside the box and then tie with a beautiful ribbon. A gift message option is available at the checkout for you to send a personalised message to your recipient.
Please note that if we are out of stock of any item we reserve the right to substitute it with the most similar available item.
Please note: You must be at least 18 years of age to purchase this product. By accepting our terms and conditions you are confirming that you are 18 or over.