What’s inside our Italian Cheese Platter:
- Organic Pecorino Sardo DOP (250g) – Our organic Pecorino is a semi-matured, excellent quality artisanal cheese made in the little town of Dolianove in the Province of Cagliari. Pecorino is one of Italy’s oldest cheeses and features heavily in Italian cuisine! Pecorino Sardo is made with raw sheep’s milk (giving it an authentic rural taste) and aged in ancient vaults.
- Parmigiano Reggiano DOP Aged 24 months (150g) –Unpasteurised cow’s milk Our Parmigiano Reggiano DOP aged 24 months has been produced entirely with organic farming methods. It has an intense, complex aroma with grassy hints and a delicate tasty flavour
- Organic Taleggio DOP (200g) – Taleggio cheese has a long history, dating back to before the 10th century. The sale and exchange of Taleggio and other cheeses is documented in some 13th century historical documents. It originates and gets its name from Val Taleggio, just outside Bergamo,The people of Val Taleggio had a milk surplus and so needed to find a way to make use of it. They began making cheese which, once it had been aged in ‘caves’, or huts in the valley, could be exchanged for other products or even sold directly.
- Fontina (200g) –Fontina is a semi-soft alpine cheese from the Valle d’Aosta. The name Fontina seems to come from a pasture called Fontin where this cheese was made. Other sources link it to the village of Fontinaz. The name could also come from the old French term “fontis” or “fondis” which used to indicate the special ability of this cheese to melt when heated. Fontina cheese has a DOP (Protected Designation of Origin) status, a milky aroma – 100 litres of milk are needed to make one Fontina, a creamy texture and a sweet flavour which intensifies with ageing. Its colour varies from ivory to an intense hay yellow colour. It is aged for an average of 80 days.
- Organic Gorgonzola DOP (200g) Creamier than Stilton, but just as strong, this Organic Gorgonzola has an aromatic and intense flavor.
- Set of 4 Cheese Accompaniments (40g each) – These 4 delicious mini jams go perfectly with our artisanal cheeses. It includes: Fig jam (pair with Parmesan and Pecorino), Tropea onion jam (great with Taleggio, Gorgonzola or Cheddar), chilli pepper jam (try with Pecorino) and chilli and pear jam (good with Asiago, Pecorino and Parmesan).
We carefully wrap all cheeses in wax paper and present them in a chilled box along with their accompaniments. A gift message option is available at the checkout. If we are out of stock of any item we reserve the right to substitute it with the most similar available item. Does not include wooden cheese board.