What’s inside our Italian Cheese Platter:
- Organic Pecorino Sardo DOP (250g) – Our organic Pecorino is a semi-matured, excellent quality artisanal cheese made in the little town of Dolianove in the Province of Cagliari. Pecorino is one of Italy’s oldest cheeses and features heavily in Italian cuisine! Pecorino Sardo is made with raw sheep’s milk (giving it an authentic rural taste) and aged in ancient vaults.
- Parmigiano Reggiano DOP Aged 36 months (200g) – Artisanally produced at 1000m in the Appenine Mountains, this wonderful, aged Parmesan is made from raw cow’s milk as all DOP Parmesan should be.
- Pecorino with Black Truffle (200g) – From the island of Sardinia comes this raw sheep’s milk cheese with luxurious black truffle. Unlike most truffled cheeses, the truffle paste is infused after the cheese has already been aged so that the cheese develops its own character before the truffles are added.The truffle flavour permeates throughout the entire paste of this amazing pecorino cheese making this an unusual and delicious treat for any cheese and/or truffle lovers!
- Fontina (200g) –Fontina is a semi-soft alpine cheese from the Valle d’Aosta. The name Fontina seems to come from a pasture called Fontin where this cheese was made. Other sources link it to the village of Fontinaz. The name could also come from the old French term “fontis” or “fondis” which used to indicate the special ability of this cheese to melt when heated. Fontina cheese has a DOP (Protected Designation of Origin) status, a milky aroma – 100 litres of milk are needed to make one Fontina, a creamy texture and a sweet flavour which intensifies with ageing. Its colour varies from ivory to an intense hay yellow colour. It is aged for an average of 80 days.
- Gorgonzola Piccante DOP Gran Riserva (200g) – Sharper and firmer than the ‘dolce’ version of Gorgonzola, this cheese is straw coloured with more blue veins. Creamier than Stilton, but just as strong, the Gorgonzola Piccante is aromatic and intense and has been matured for 120 days.
- Set of 4 Cheese Accompaniments (40g each) – These 4 delicious mini jams go perfectly with our artisanal cheeses. It includes: Fig jam (pair with Parmesan and Pecorino), Tropea onion jam (great with Taleggio, Gorgonzola or Cheddar), chilli pepper jam (try with Pecorino) and chilli and pear jam (good with Asiago, Pecorino and Parmesan).
We carefully wrap all cheeses in wax paper and present them in a chilled box along with their accompaniments. A gift message option is available at the checkout. If we are out of stock of any item we reserve the right to substitute it with the most similar available item. Does not include wooden cheese board.