What’s inside La Vegetariana (Vegetarian Hamper):
- Balsamic Vinegar from Modena ‘Il Classico’ (250ml). A rich bouquet and a perfect balance between sweet and sour make this twice award winning balsamic a very versatile vinegar, made from the best musts and aged for eight years in the barrels of Giusti’s famous cask deposit.
- Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (500ml). Giovanni Marvulli’s ‘Cenzino’ extra virgin olive oil from Matera, Basilicata is both healthy and full of flavour averaging almost three times the polyphenols of typical extra virgin olive oils. A certified organic oil, voted one of the best 25 in the world, it is fruity with a distinct almond after taste and an elegant aroma, wonderful on salads, cooked vegetables, fish and seafood or simply drizzled on your crusty bread or bruschetta.
- Artichoke Leaf Pasta (500g). Shaped like an artichoke leaf and flavoured and naturally coloured with artichoke puree’, this pasta is almost too pretty to eat! It is quite a delicate pasta shape and works well with light and simple meatless sauces such as extra virgin olive oil with sage.
- Fettuccine Bronze Die Cut Pasta (500g). Our fettuccine come from Gragnano near Naples, the home of pasta! Bronze die cut pasta retains its shape when cooked, has a great flavour and texture meaning that the sauce will stick well to it allowing you to recreate an authentic Italian pasta dish at home.
- Courgette & Saffron Risotto Mix (250g). Made with superfine Carnaroli rice and a blend of spices, this is a tasty and easy to prepare meal. Just add some olive oil and follow the simple instructions.
- Tomato sauce with Truffle (180g). Made with black summer truffle and best quality natural ingredients, this sauce will give a luxurious finish to any pasta dish. It goes well with our Fettuccine pasta also included in this hamper.
- Tomato and Basil Pasta Sauce (314ml). This is a rich and tasty pasta tomato pasta sauce combined with delicious fresh basil.
- Organic Pesto (180g). We love this vegan pesto from Liguria, it tastes heavenly but contains no cheese or garlic.
- Garlic and Chilli Pepper Oil (175ml). The perfect oil for adding to spaghetti to make garlic, oil and chilli pasta. We love it too in salad dressings and on a bruschetta.
- Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive OIl (314ml). Our tomatoes are dried in the Sicilian sun and are naturally red from ripening. They have a beautifully intense taste and can be cooked or eaten fresh from the jar. These sun dried tomatoes can be used in so many different ways, chop them finely to make an amazing pasta sauce, with or without tomato passata, blend them with basil, parmesan and pine nuts to make a red pesto, top your pizzas with them, add them to salads, couscous, savoury rice dishes.
- Chilli Pepper Jam (200g). A savoury jam with a bite, this spread is made from hot and spicy Calabrian chillies and is a great accompaniment to cheese or simply spread on bread if you dare!
- Fig Mostarda (120g). This fruit mustard is made in Mantova, Northern Italy with fresh figs and a few drops of mustard oil to give a perfect balance of sweet and spicy. It goes really well as an accompaniment to mature and strong cheeses.
- Dairy free Modican chocolate with almonds (100g). Made in Modica, Sicily following an ancient Aztec recipe, this unique, crumbly chocolate bar is a must for chocolate lovers!
- Creme Caramel Chocolates (100g) Luxurious Grand Cru dark chocolate (min 75% cocoa) from the Dominican Republic filled with a burst of flavour! This gorgeous gift bag contains individually wrapped chocolates filled with a delicious caramel cream.
All items are individually wrapped and presented in our wooden crate. The crate is wrapped with cellophane and tied with a lovely big ribbon. A gift message option is available at the checkout. Please note that if we are out of stock of any item we reserve the right to substitute it with the most similar available item.