- Our 5 minute meal hampers have proven so popular we decided to introduce a vegan one to the family! This gift box includes a selection of ingredients which when combined will create some fabulous and very easy real Italian meals. It contains three types of best quality pasta, 4 types of vegan sauces and two risotto mixes. With these ingredients it won’t take your recipient long to prepare nutritious, tasty vegan dishes.
- Bronze Die Cut Gragnano Spaghetti (500g) Bronze die cut, dried at low temperatures and made in Gragnano the birthplace of dry pasta, our spaghetti not only tastes better and retains all of its goodness when cooked, it also has plenty of surface area to absorb the flavour and liquid of the sauce with which it is served.
- Bronze Die Cut Gran Riccioli Pasta (500g) Gran Riccioli means ‘Large Curls’ and this corkscrew like pasta is the perfect shape for capturing all types of sauces from pesto to mushroom.
- Organic Wholewheat Penne Pasta (500g) This whole wheat pasta has a lower glycaemic index than refined wheat pasta and is a healthier pasta choice. Penne rigate are medium length tubes with their ends cut at an angle (like a quill or fountain pen) and with deep ridges (rigatura) are said to have originated in Campania and are a perfect shape for all sauces. We suggest cooking them with spicy tomato sauces or sauce.
- Slow Food San Marzano Passata (380ml) Passata is a form of tomato purée that has been passed through a sieve to remove the seeds and skins. It is therefore very smooth, and suitable for a number of uses where a finer purée is required.
- Basil, Walnut & Green Pepper Pesto (212ml). If you are looking for a pesto sauce with a difference, you will love this nutty, slightly spicy pesto made with basil, walnuts and green peppers. It’s delicious stirred into pasta or rice and also makes a great bruschetta topping.
- Tomato sauce with Tropea Onion (330g) This rich, tasty tomato pasta sauce made with San Marzano plum tomato is complemented by the addition of the famous sweet Calabrian Tropea red onions.
- Garlic and Chilli Pepper Oil (175ml) The perfect oil for adding to spaghetti to make garlic, oil and chilli pasta. We love it too in salad dressings and drizzled on a bruschetta.
- Capri Dried Pasta Sauce Mix (50g) Bring the flavour of the Island of Capri to your table with this dried pasta sauce mix combining tomatoes, aubergines, onions, garlic, carrots, leeks & basil. Sauté in extra virgin olive oil and add a tin of our delicious Agrigenus tomato passata, cook down, and serve with pasta.
- Marinara Dried Pasta Sauce Mix (50g) “Mariner’s” sauce originated in Naples and nobody is really sure how it got its name – one theory is that it was invented by mariners returning from the Americas in the 1700s with a newly discovered fruit, the tomato. Marinara is a mix of tomato, pepper, garlic, oregano, salt, parsley and spices. Sauté in extra virgin olive oil and add a tin of our tomato passata, cook down, and serve over pasta.
- Ready Made Risotto Mix with Porcini Mushrooms (250g). Our ready-made mix makes it easy to make a real Italian risotto in just a few minutes. All you need to add is olive oil!
- Ready Made Risotto Mix with Courgettes & Saffron (250g). Made with superfine Carnaroli rice and truffles, this is a tasty and easy to prepare meal. Just follow the simple instructions.
- Tips and recipes to help your recipient make the most of these wonderful ingredients.
All products are carefully wrapped and presented in a lovely strong, silver gift box which is hand-tied with a pretty ribbon. A gift message option is available. Please note that if we are out of stock of any item we reserve the right to substitute it with the most similar available item.