Our Vegan Picnic Hamper contains:
- Organic Rose’ Wine (750ml) This light bodied, easy drinking rose’ wine from Sicily is perfect for a summer picnic. It is fresh and fruity, natural, vegan and gluten free.
- Sardinian Carasau Bread (250g) This wafer-thin traditonal Sardinian flat bread is light and crispy. Also known as Music Paper bread or Pane Carasatu, it was originally produced for shepherds to take with them when they stayed away from home for months at a time. It can last up to a year if kept dry.
- Sicilian Green Cracked Olives in Olive Oil (314ml) These lightly spiced Sicilian crushed olives have a bold, firm flavour and are ideal served as part of an aperitivo, as a snack alongside other antipasti or as a delicious side dish with grilled or roasted meats. We love them served simply with some toasted crusty bread as a quick and easy lunch.
- Sicilian Artichoke Hearts (314ml) These tasty whole Italian artichoke hearts are a much loved Sicilian antipasto. Super soft and tender but crisp at the same time, they have been selected and picked one by one, by hand and placed fresh into the jar. They are preserved in locally produced Sicilian olive oil.
- Sun Dried Tomato, Almond & Pistachio Pate’ (180g) Sun dried tomato paté with a twist! If you enjoyed our simple sun dried tomato paté we think you will love this! We tried it as a quick and easy pasta sauce – straight from the jar into the pasta and it was delicious! Otherwise, fabulous spread on bruschetta or bread, with or without some soft creamy cheese!
- Organic Taralli Snacks from Puglia (200g)These Italian crunchy snacks are typical of the Puglia region. Made with simple, natural ingredients, they are light but really tasty. They go well with antipasti and cheese and are wonderful enjoyed with a glass or two of wine!