Traditional Italian Picnic Hamper
New in! If you are looking for a handy (and tasty) picnic hamper, you'll love the newest addition to our range. This sturdy, portable picnic box contains everything you need for an Italian-style al-fresco lunch including a bottle of our fresh and fruity rose' wine and one of our fabulous free range organic sausages from Calabria.
- Organic Chardonnay White Wine (750ml) This light bodied, easy drinking white wine from Tuscany is perfect for a summer picnic. It is fresh and fruity, natural, vegan and gluten free.
- Sweet 'Calabrian Black' Sausage (350g) Our salsiccie 'dolce' are prepared from the shoulder and ribs of the pork, dry cured and matured in natural casing for 45 days giving them a mild aromatic flavour. They are a 100% natural product containing no gluten, lactose, preservatives, antioxidants, additives or dyes. Great for slicing and enjoying as part of a picnic lunch!
- Organic Pecorino Sardo (250g) Our Pecorino is a matured (3-6 months), excellent quality artisanal cheese made in Sardinia. Pecorino is one of Italy's oldest cheeses and features heavily in Italian cuisine! Pecorino is made with raw sheep's milk (giving it an authentic rural taste) and aged in ancient vaults. It is a hard, ivory coloured cheese which is a little less salty than the Romano variety and pleasantly spicy.
- Sardinian Carasau Bread (250g) This wafer-thin traditonal Sardinian flat bread is light and crispy. Also known as Music Paper bread or Pane Carasatu, it was originally produced for shepherds to take with them when they stayed away from home for months at a time. It can last up to a year if kept dry.
- Sun Dried Tomato, Almond & Pistachio Pate' (180g) Sun dried tomato paté with a twist! If you enjoyed our simple sun dried tomato paté we think you will love this! We tried it as a quick and easy pasta sauce – straight from the jar into the pasta and it was delicious! Otherwise, fabulous spread on bruschetta or bread, with or without some soft creamy cheese!
- Organic Taralli Snacks from Puglia (200g)These Italian crunchy snacks are typical of the Puglia region. Made with simple, natural ingredients, they are light but really tasty. They go well with antipasti and cheese and are wonderful enjoyed with a glass or two of wine!
All products are carefully wrapped and presented in this strong box with a handle which is hand-tied with a pretty ribbon. A gift message option is available. Please note that if we are out of stock of any item in our breakfast hamper, we reserve the right to substitute it with the most similar available item.
Please note: You must be at least 18 years of age to purchase this product. By accepting our terms and conditions you are confirming that you are 18 or over.